2014-02-10

Skata - Pica pica - P. p. mauritanica - Common Magpie - Pie bavarde

click to enlarge


Skata - Pica pica - P. p. mauritanica - Common Magpie - Pie bavarde
 © NF Photo 121122,  Agadir, Morocco

This subspecies of the magpie has a featherless, blue area behind it´s eye. Rather common in the northern part of Morocco.
 
About Magpie on wiki
you tube video
 Bird D´Pot
The Moroccan trip report on my Travel blog 
Comment form for visitors outside GOOGLE
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
 , , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

  1. I can see that blue 'eye patch'....interesting!! And pretty. Prettier than the ones in USA I must admit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, that's me at I'd Rather B Birdin'. I guess I'm still in my personal blog admin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The magpies are cool, I love their colors.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my Moroccan birdblog. :) I appreciate any comment.